I just want to thank the Internet for how amazing it is.
I recently downloaded pintrest to my phone and man oh man! I came across some amazing food blogs… And this is some of what I found.
My grandmother requested I make something with lemons … Well, she got just that. Her response: “This is the best muffin I’ve ever had.”
Check it out and let me know what you think.
LEMON BLACKBERRY MUFFINS
Lemon flavors muffin filled with fresh blackberries and topped with streusel.
Recipe type: Breakfast
9 oz Fresh Blackberries, rinsed
2½ C Flour
1 C Granulated sugar
4 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Large egg
½ C Butter (melted)
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 C Buttermilk
¼ C Sour cream
2 tbsp Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed)
Zest from 1 Lemon
For the streusel
4 tbsp Butter, melted
6 tbsp Flour
5 tbsp Brown sugar
For the glaze
1½ C Powdered sugar
2 tbsp Lemon juice
**Zest from 1 Lemon
1 tbsp Milk
1. Wash and rinse blackberries under water. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425°.
3. In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour. Measure ¼ C of the sifted flour and pour over blackberries. Gently stir to coat the blackberries in flour.
4. Take your remaining flour and add sugar, baking powder and salt. **add as much cinnamon as you desire.. Set aside.
5. In a medium size bowl, beat the egg using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add melted butter and whisk together.
6. Continue to add vanilla extract, buttermilk and sour cream and whisk until smooth. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest.
7. Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix just until combined. Your batter will be thick, but be careful not to over mix!
8. Fold in the blackberries last.
9. To prepare streusel topping, combine melted butter with all dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until no large chunks remain.
10. Grease your muffin pan with Crisco or cooking spray.
11. Fill your muffin tins all the way to the top with batter. Add 1 tablespoon of streusel to the top of each muffin.
12. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°, then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 16-20 minutes. Do not open the oven for at least 15 minutes. Baking times will vary by oven.
13. Check your muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If your toothpick comes out clean, your muffin is done.
14. Allow muffins to cool completely in the pan.
For the glaze
1. Combine powdered sugar with lemon juice and milk. Whisk until smooth. Add additional powdered sugar to thicken or additional milk to make thinner.
2. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
**3. Sprinkle lemon zest on top as garnish